Saturday, March 5, 2011

Lent

I grew up in the Baptist church and did not follow the church calendar.  As and adult, I am finding there is much joy (and comfort of a sort) in celebrating Advent and Lent and identifying more and more with the global church. Ash Wednesday is coming up next week and I'm thinking of giving up desserts for the time of Lent.  I know some who embrace disciplines in this time, which I think is great as well. Preparing for the Easter celebration takes on a whole new meaning when you walk in a time of self-denial.
Prayerfully consider what God may be calling you to do during this Lenten season.  Meet God in a new way.

1 comment:

  1. Have you seen this lent calendar for kids? We are looking forward to this season of advent. In teaching the kids, I'm always looking for new ways to turn our focus to Jesus.

    lent calendar
    http://catholicicing.blogspot.com/2011/02/printable-lenten-calendar-for-kids.html

    baby to preschool Easter crafts
    http://hubbardscupboard.org/easter.html

    ReplyDelete