Saturday, February 26, 2011

dishes done

The other night while Andy and I were on a date, our sitters, after eating dinner and feeding the girls, did the dishes and cleaned the kitchen.  What a blessing. I was so touched by this act of service. Not that I mind doing the dishes, but it was very nice to come home and the chore list was done. My heart is still happy just thinking about it.
It reminds me of this parable in Matthew 24:45Who then is the faithful and wise slave, whom the master has put in charge of his household, to give the other slaves their food at the proper time? 24:46 Blessed is that slave whom the master finds at work when he comes. 24:47 I tell you the truth, the master will put him in charge of all his possessions.

I want to be like that good and faithful servant; working to please the master. I want to call attention to my friend as well b/c she did not do those dishes to get any kind of reward, she just wanted to bless us and that mission was accomplished!

No comments:

Post a Comment