Monday, December 12, 2011

smells of Christmas

Okay, I've been reading how memory is highly affected by smells.  So, I'm trying to burn the candles more, bake cookies, make candies, soups and bread - the house smells yummy - well, some of the time - currently, it smells of fresh brewed coffee.  We have an artificial tree, but I do remember the times in my childhood that the house was scented with pine too.  Maybe I will make cinnamon ornaments with the girls (if not this year, next).  I want them to have happy memories of "home" all of their days.  Blessings.

1 comment:

  1. This is so true. A friend of mine gave me a Scentsy pack that smelled like bubble gum (Bazooka bubble gum, actually)- which in our house was a rare treat growing up. It was so strange how that scent brought back feelings of happiness every time I turned on the candle warmer.

    ReplyDelete