Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Seek ye FIRST

It seems to me if I get up early to pray and read (and blog) I seem to get more done during the day than if I put those things off.  Just fitting the in here and there throughout the day makes it harder to do at all sometimes.  I want to be intentional about how I spend my day, not just given to every whim or desire that comes my way.  I think that is part of my weight issue, giving in to those desires for food instead of seeking God first and meeting with Him about my day. If I sought out God's opinion first, would I spend less money? Serve the body more? Give more? Talk less?  hmmm

Mt. 6:33 (MSG) Steep your life in God-reality, God-initiative, God-provisions. Don't worry about missing out. You'll find all your everyday human concerns will be met.

No comments:

Post a Comment