Monday, January 24, 2011

I'm missing you

I was at a leader's retreat this weekend with the church and my parents kept the girls.  It was nice of her to do that so that Andy and I could focus our attention on the meetings and be with our friends without distraction.  It was hard though at times to be away from the girls and because our location was so remote, there was spotty cell phone coverage at best.  I was amazed at how much I did miss the girls, though not really, since my day pretty much revolves around them at present. 
I was thinking about missing them as compared to fasting.  I think it is good to give up things (TV, entertainment, food, sweets) for a time to desire the Lord even more. It works. The longings come and your heart is purged and you do feel closer. Our reunion was sweet and I'm very grateful for my children and even for the time apart. It was good.
Thanks again mom and dad (and sister)  for being such a blessing and sacrificing your time and energy to keep them.

No comments:

Post a Comment