Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Thanksgiving host

Well, I'm hosting a Thanksgiving meal tonight for my home fellowship group from church plus 5 of Andy's co-workers.  It should be loads of fun.  I am making the turkey, stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, but everyone else is pitching in with rolls, sides, desserts, and drinks.  My bird is still 1/2 frozen even after sitting in the fridge for a couple days, so it's in a cold water bath at the moment.  I have fixed turkey breasts before, but this will be my first attempt at the whole bird. I am excited and a little nervous.  I generally let the crock-pot do the cooking for whole chickens.  I'm sure it will all be fine, just have the hosting jitters.  I hope you have a good time this week with your family and friends.  I know I'm getting off to a good start.  Blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment