Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Advent - day 7

Dec. 7 Luke 1: 18-25
Zechariah  said to the angel, “How can I be sure of this?  For I am an old man, and my wife is old as well.” The  angel answered him, “I am Gabriel, who stands  in the presence of God, and I was sent to speak to you and to bring  you this good news. And now, because you did not believe my words, which will be fulfilled in their time,  you will be silent, unable to speak,  until the day these things take place.” 
Now  the people were waiting for Zechariah, and they began to wonder why he was delayed in the holy place. When he came out, he was not able to speak to them. They realized that he had seen a vision  in the holy place, because  he was making signs to them and remained unable to speak.  When his time of service was over,  he went to his home. After some time  his wife Elizabeth became pregnant, and for five months she kept herself in seclusion. She said, “This is what  the Lord has done for me at the time  when he has been gracious to me, to take away my disgrace among people.”

Activities for today: Baking, Angel craft

Prayer focus: Students with upcoming finals

No comments:

Post a Comment